Wednesday, November 22, 2006

World of Warcraft Whisper SPAM Addon

Rent A Coder - World Of Warcraft Addon

I got my first "/whisper" spam in the game the other day. I promptly added the user to my ignore list and went on my way. I only breifly considered the effort involved in spamming users this way. My only thought was that it must be very time consuming.

That was until I happened across this page from a google search on World of Warcraft mods. If this didn't result in the spam I received I'm willing to bet something similar did. This has me thinking that their may be more "insidious" World of Warcraft mods out there.

If you have encountered any mods that you think might not have the best of intentions let me know. I would like to post them here as a warning to anyone thinking about downloading them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

there was a mod call MassTell that did this - though you had to enter the users from the /who list (shift click to select everyone)

it broke with 2.0 patch.

Gold Guide for World of Warcraft said...

good post :)