Wednesday, May 25, 2005

PetFeeder In the Trenches - World of Warcraft UI Mod

Well it took me a week to set it up but I finally got PetFeeder running! This is one of the handiest mods I have found for my Hunter. I'll relay my difficulties in the hopes that it will ease the installation for someone else.

I downloaded the mod double clicked on the file using Xp's built in file extractor. I copied the PetFeeder directory to my World of Warcraft/Interface/Addons directory and used Cosmos to fire up WOW. Cosmos then happily deleted PetFeeder as it thought it was out of date. I had to close out of WOW and re-extract PetFeeder. This time when I launched Cosmos I turned off the "keep directory clean" option. This let me keep the mod but when I got to my character selection screen and clicked the addons button I did not see PetFeeder in the list.

Frustrated I ran through the whole process several times. I still could not get PetFeeder to show up on my addons list. At this point I let it go and decided I would have to live without it.

A few nights of playing and I was longing for the PetFeeder. It was wearing me out to keep forgetting to feed my raptor and have him charging into battle doing less than optimal damage. In a petty show of anger I typed "/pf".

Low and behold my pet begins rumaging through my packs for food! Excitedly I typed "/PetFeeder". There was the interface!



I quickly queued up my meat supply and my pet wasted no time in chowing down. Now Whenever he drops below happy he will nicely go into my pack and find himself some "Mystery Meat" to snack on. My life is a joy!

If you are a hunter get this mod! You will be so happy you did.


Happy Gaming!


The Chef

No comments: