Monday, May 30, 2005

/PIZZA, Prodding it along...

There are two approaches to motivating someone to do something. The first is the carrot and stick, or motivation from potential reward. The second is the sharp stick in the rear, or motivation to be free from pain or annoyance.

Today I started with the first approach to try and encourage the industry to move towards /PIZZA. The email below is elecronic feedback I provided to Papa John's via their website. When I get a response I will post it here to let you know the progress I'm making. I intend to pursue this with the other major chains as well to see what their plans are.

I would like to know if you have plans to provide a interface for third party software developers to implement online ordering in their applications? Something like an API or webservices that would allow registered users of your site to order directly from applications other than a web browser. Thank you very much for your time in responding.


P.S. I just received a response to my feedback from an actual representative. Looks like Papa John's is really on the ball as far as customer service goes.


Thank you for the interest in Papa John's.  I have forwarded your request on to the appropriate people for review and I am sure they will have plenty of information for you.  Again, thank you.



 Michelle

No comments: