Thursday, May 19, 2005

/PIZZA Where is it?

Ok, /PIZZA. Is this always going to be vaporware?

If I ran a major pizza chain I'd be beating down the doors of the online game companies to get integrated into their games. I'd work out a commission system with them and probably even pay for the development time involved for their staff

Pizza and other food options are rapidly becoming about convenience. Pizza chains need to implement features that make buying a pie like picking up a candy bar at the grocery store checkout.

As a society we want convenience and ease of use. We work hard all day on complex things, when we get home we want simplicity.

The first chain that integrates with our entertainment in a convenient and unobtrusive way is going to walk away with a major prize. This extends to other mediums like satellite TV and TiVo. If I could use my remote to order take out like I order Pay-Per-View I'd do it all the time.

Apple knows this. You can order your iPod at their web store and download tunes from them as well. All without ever leaving your computer chair. Enterprise knows this too with their "We'll pick you up." slogan. Other companies need to take the bull by the horns and take some risks. Yes, there will be failures and that is scary. However, the home runs that will be hit will transform business as we know it. Time for some "outside the box" thinking.

Happy gaming!

The Chef

1 comment:

JoeJoe said...

Heck Yeah! I am playing WoW rght now and I want some PIZZA!